New Year – Old Post
I’ll be away for about a week. Going on a little vacation with a special someone to meet parents and extended family over New Year. It’s huge and I’m more than a little nervous about this. I also have some ideas running around my head for some new posts. The thing is, I’m pretty sure the new post ideas have the potential of causing some discussion, and I don’t want to drop something like that and then be without access for a week.
In the near(ish) future you should expect a post about how I relate to my body, and yeah I’ll talk about sex. There will be a post from my good friend Bizzy-B who is like my sister, but totally unlike me in many ways. I will also continue my musings on guys who like gals like me, why they do (and don’t do) the things they do (and don’t). I’ll also have a post about the contradictions I navigate in my everyday life. But… that’s all going to happen in the new year.
Instead of having a yearly recap or posting my plans and hopes and dreams for the next year, I decided to post an old list of things I miss since I transitioned. Some of these are silly, some are serious, some a surprising – all are true. Yes, I have a list ot things I DON”T miss – that will wait for another day.
Stuff I Miss:
- Walking alone at night
- Pants with actual pockets
- Clothing sizes that actually tell me if something will fit
- Men looking me in the eye when we talk
- Men not taking eye-contact as flirtation
- Not having to explain to banks, credit cards, employers why some of my documentation doesn’t all match up.
- Guys appreciating it when I beat them at a game
- Belching REALLY loudly and nobody saying anything
- Staying friends with guys I’ve had sex with but aren’t currently dating
- Telling guys I’m a bottom..and them respecting that